Lease Agreement Military Clause
Lease Agreement Military Clause: What You Need to Know
Are you or someone you know a member of the military? If so, a lease agreement military clause may be an important factor to consider when renting a home or apartment.
A military clause is an addendum to a lease agreement that provides special protections for military service members who are called to active duty. This clause allows military service members to terminate their lease early without penalty if they receive a deployment order or a permanent change of station (PCS) order.
Here are some important things you need to know about lease agreement military clauses:
1. What is a Military Clause?
A lease agreement military clause is a provision that is added to a lease agreement to provide special protections for service members who have to relocate due to military service. This clause allows the service member to terminate the lease early without penalty if they receive orders for a permanent change of station (PCS) or deployment.
2. Who is Eligible for a Military Clause in a Lease Agreement?
Active duty military service members are eligible for the protection provided by a military clause in a lease agreement. This includes National Guard and reserve members who have been activated for deployment.
3. What are the Benefits of a Military Clause?
The primary benefit of a military clause is that it allows military service members to terminate their lease early without penalty if they receive orders for a permanent change of station (PCS) or deployment. This can be especially important for those who are renting a home or apartment and need to move quickly to their new location.
4. What Should be Included in a Military Clause?
A military clause should specify the following:
– The circumstances that trigger the clause (e.g., PCS or deployment orders)
– The notice required to terminate the lease (typically 30-60 days)
– The effective date of the lease termination
– Any fees or penalties that may be waived as a result of the military clause
5. How to Add a Military Clause to the Lease Agreement?
To add a military clause to a lease agreement, the service member should provide a copy of their PCS or deployment orders to the landlord or property manager. The lease agreement can then be amended to include the military clause.
In conclusion, a lease agreement military clause is an important provision that provides special protections for military service members. If you are a service member planning to rent a home or apartment, be sure to include a military clause in your lease agreement to ensure you have the flexibility to relocate as needed without penalty.
Search the Blog
- Prior Lien Holder Agreement
- Rent Agreement for Passport Application
- Can You Change the Name on a Car Finance Agreement
- Agreement between Sales and Marketing
- Slack Developer Agreement
Browse Music by Category
- No categories